Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Nasal Wars & Carrot's Here!

 "The Nasal Wars", AKA "Shadow's Sinuses Need Full Body Armor and a Bazooka", have been waged over the course of this past week.  I'd end up falling into bed not long after getting home, mumbling something to myself about needing to take pictures of Cricket and her things while my cat purrs me to sleep.  Sometimes a couple of photos would be accomplished, but then the war would pick up its pace and I'd end up in bed again, purring cat and all.  This inevitably resulted in the delay of my post, and here we are, on Sunday.  *facepalm*

The good news is that, by some miracle, my medication tackled my sinus infection to the floor and pummeled it into submission sometime during last night.  My pain has dulled and I can breathe again, and with that can function without my body slipping into sleep mode.  Which means that pictures will at last be posted, and I'll have a whole bunch of them to add to tomorrow's After the Weekend for good measure.  :)

Presenting, Cricket's long awaited best friend, Carrot!

First Dolly Haul of January: UnderUmbrellaland, Rustic Miniatures, & Small Size Doll Clothes

Cricket's stuffed bunny has finally arrived from UnderUmbrellaland, and he's just as adorable as I'd hoped!  He came in a wee matchbox bed, complete with a tiny pillow, felt blanket, and carrot.  I now understand what people mean when they say their dolls do or do not like something, as when I first placed Carrot in Cricket's arms, it seemed as though they tightened around him possessively.  Then when I tried to remove him to place him back in his matchbox bed, Cricket's arms kept getting in my way, as if she were saying, "Hey!  He just got here, let me hold him a little longer!".  Now I'm tempted to order a custom so that Cricket and her "crew" can go on adventures together.  *mulls over ideas*

Cricket: "Carrot's cold.  Do we get a blanket, too?"
Me: "Uh..." *starts rifling through her supplies* "Let me get back to you on that."
This set by Rustic Miniatures is perfect for the treehouse that's coming together for Cricket!  I love how detailed and sturdy it is, and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it arrived.  The set includes a bed frame, removable mattress, three pillows, side table, and a table with two bench seats (One which didn't make it into the picture.  Oops!).  Oh, and don't worry about Cricket's blanket.  I'll be putting the finishing touches on one shortly.  There's shall be no shivering pixies or rabbits in this home, oh no!

Cricket does her best to look like a snowflake.
You've seen Cricket in her green and blue dress already, with its tulle underskirt and shiny beaded flower with beaded ribbon tassels.  Well, this is her "No, you see, I'm really a snow pixie!" outfit, complete with a snowflake beaded and fluff trimmed hat that is really too big for her head when she's not wearing a wig.

Cricket: "You're pretty, snowflake, but your fluffy stuff is getting in my eyes."
Technically I purchased these back in December, so I hope marjessi79 can forgive me for not posting about them before now.  Cricket looks so cute in either outfit, and I love how finely these have been crocheted and sewn.  I will admit a preference for the green and blue dress, as my photos have no doubt shown, which I'm going to chalk up to the flower on the dress bringing out the aqua blue of Cricket's eyes.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

There shall be more haul photos tomorrow when it's After the Weekend, and perhaps a shot of Cricket's new blanket if I finish it in time.  Thanks for checking in with us, and may you have a blessed rest of your weekend!  <3

4 comments:

  1. So sweetness Cricket with her Carrot :)
    Get well soon.
    With best wishes, Yulia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Yulia! I'm much better now, and there is a lot more Cricket and Carrot cuteness to come. :)

      Delete
    3. Gah! See, this is what happens when I do something right before going to bed. *runs before she accidentally deletes something else*

      Delete