Sunday, March 23, 2014

Reshaping a Silhoutte

After a busy week, I've returned to my blog to find a vital part of it broken.  Those who have visited here in the past may remember that the background I chose for Silhouetted was supplied through Shabby Blogs.  Apparently the one I selected is either no longer being offered or has been shuffled around to where I can no longer find it.  Oh well.  It's high time I buckled down and spruced things up anyway, so expect some changes around here.

Now, on to the fun stuff!  I ordered something from Bambi Crony for Cricket and it has at last arrived!  I haven't taken pictures of her with them on just yet.  As I've also bought some white alpaca fur and most of the supplies I need to put together a wig for my wee pixie, I'm thinking that I'll get that finished first so she can pose up a storm in her full fey glory.

Which brings me to what I alluded to in my last post.  Yes, I fully intend to have two personae for Cricket and a wardrobe for each.  In one, she's a little girl in our modern world with a big imagination and a love of role-playing games.  In my ongoing story, which is heavily inspired by Dungeons & Dragons, she's a young pixie sorceress who has become a traveling companion of the main protagonist.  In both roles, I see Cricket as my adorable ambassador, presenting each piece of the developing scrapbook I claim as my mind.

The outfit I want to showcase today is from the WitcheryCostume House.  I think it suits Cricket's out-of-character personality wonderfully, and seriously, how could I resist getting her a kitty cat hoodie?
 
Cricket: "Are we making a carrot cake?"
Carrot:  *stares at the carrot on the pan*
As you can see, I also tossed some overalls into my order.  As I have yet to procure a blouse/shirt to go with them, and Cricket looks very under dressed wearing just the overalls, they've been tucked away for future photos.
 
The rest of the goodies in the picture are from Hobby Lobby, from a time when I still hadn't gotten brave enough to take Cricket out with me when I went shopping.  Trust me when I say that it makes all the difference in the world when you bring your doll with you.  The items you see above are but a fraction of the ones I purchased.  The rest had to be returned because they were too small once I could compare them to Cricket.  Speaking of Hobby Lobby, I returned there recently with Cricket in tow for their Spring Sale, and did I ever find some awesome stuff!  Some of the tags have proven difficulty to remove, but once that's done I will happily post some examples of my treasures on here.
 
And now, for the posting of my first attempt at a photo story.  It was unplanned and it shows.  I had thought it would be a good way to photograph the sandstone and birdbath I discovered for Cricket's diorama, both items I have since decided aren't what I wanted and found replacements for.  The pictures were then to remain tucked away and forgotten.  But like most things I create and would shove under a rug, I slipped up and made mention of the attempt to a friend.  So, here we are.  I'm hoping that Cricket and Carrot's adorableness carry through.

Cricket: "Hello!  How'd you get up there?"
Cricket: "See?  Isn't that more comfort.. Oops."
Cricket: "Here you go!"
...
Cricket: "Birdbath?  There was a birdbath?"
There you go, Cricket and Carrot hamming it up for the camera.  The next photo story will be better (and longer), I promise.  Cross my heart.

As I wrote earlier, there will be some changes going on around here, so please pardon the occasional broken link or image.  It will all be cleaned up asap.  Thank you for sticking with me thus far, and I hope that your upcoming week will be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment