Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ode to a Persistent Soul

In the past, I have been notorious for leaping headfirst into something new and devoting every spare speck of energy to it.  After a time, my passion would slowly fade and eventually I would move on to the next new thing, leaving the old to collect dust in my memory and occasionally prod me with feelings of guilt and remorse.  When I purchased Cricket, I vowed this would never happen, and it hasn't.  I did, however, come close to the teetering edge of falling into the pit of my old habit.  What drew me back and reminded me of the fun that's only just beginning with Cricket is a friend.

This hobby can be a lonely one.  While I am aware of two BJD owners in Arizona due to their YouTube channels, it wouldn't feel right to me to approach them with the hope of regular communication unless I was ready to prepare my YouTube channel with videos of my own to share (which I'm not).  This leaves me with my still developing blog and the possibility of posting more on Den of Angels, the latter leaving me ridiculously nervous.  Which of course means it gets lodged behind less intimidating things, like doing my taxes.

Everyone wants someone in their life with whom they can truly share what they are passionate about without feeling they will be judged.  My friend, and they know who they are, is that person.  When I let myself get drawn away from the hobby by financial, parental, and other assorted Life "stuff", my friend patiently reminded me every weekday that I had a blog post to do.  Now that we've exchanged phone numbers, I get these reminders on the weekends sometimes, too.

God bless you, my friend.  Thank you for reminding me of who I want to be.

While there shall not be an After the Weekend post this week, I do want to catch up on some old hauls and post the pictures I have promised my persistent friend of Cricket in her latest "out of character" outfit (something I intend to explain when I post those images).  I'll get to preparing both posthaste.  For now, thank you for reading, and may the rest of your week be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment